Just a friendly reminder that our town hall meeting on transportation will be this Thursday (see flier below). Also, more information about statehood day and the holiday schedule is below. Have a great rest of your week!
Statehood Day holiday schedule
Honolulu – City and County of Honolulu government offices will be closed Friday, August 19, 2016, in observance of Statehood Day, a state holiday.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard, and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a State Holiday schedule. For route and schedule information, please visit www.thebus.org.
- Refuse will be collected and transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER, and the Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be open.
- Parks, municipal golf courses, botanical gardens, and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- The Neal Blaisdell Center box office will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 8:15 p.m. for the Made In Hawai‘i Festival 2016.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- All Satellite City Halls and Driver Licensing Centers will be closed.
The following traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park and metered parking lots.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.